Welcome OEM & ODM cooperation
High purity, low wear, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, no pollution
Causes and solutions for friction between conveyor belt and idler
The conveyor belt will rub against the rollers during use, and the friction between the two devices is generally unavoidable. However, in actual use, the friction between the conveyor belt and the idler roller will become large, so that the service life of both devices will be reduced. Therefore, the friction between the conveyor belt and the idler should be minimized during use. Let us take a look at the causes and preventive measures caused by abnormal wear between the conveyor belt and the idler.
First, the formation of wear between the idler and the conveyor belt mainly includes installation error, deformation of the roller frame structure and corrosion of the roller. Finished as follows:
1. The roller frame is not installed correctly; the conveyor belt can ensure its normal operation by generating a certain friction force under the support of the roller. Due to the improper installation, the axis of the idler roller is not perpendicular to the center line of the conveyor belt, and the conveyor belt is relatively slid relative to the idler roller, which aggravates the wear of the conveyor belt.
2. The adjustment of the centering roller is caused by the correction; when the centering roller is corrected, a certain inclination angle is generated. Due to the processing quality and corrosion, the rotation of the turret is not flexible, and the rotation can not be rotated in time, and the conveyor belt will be worn.
3. The rotation of the idler is delayed; due to the quality problems of the idler itself (such as poor sealing and inflexible bearing rotation), the rotation of the idler lags behind the running speed of the conveyor belt, causing relative sliding between the idler and the conveyor belt. And wear the conveyor belt.
Second, belt conveyor idler and conveyor belt to prevent wear and tear maintenance measures
1. First ensure that the entire conveyor belt is on a centerline; secondly, the inclined rollers on both sides have the same inclination angle as the intermediate horizontal rollers, and all the intermediate rollers are on the same horizontal surface, so that all the rollers and conveyors have good Contact to ensure that each roller is evenly stressed.
2. Use the centering roller as little as possible.
3. Strengthen the daily maintenance work of the roller, and replace the damaged roller in time.
Conveyor belt wear is one of the more common faults, but if it is not taken seriously, it will cause more serious accidents. Therefore, corresponding measures are taken to reduce the wear of the conveyor belt, prolong the service life, and normal operation of the belt conveyor. It is very practical to reduce maintenance costs.